A full day Studio Lighting Workshop located in Charlottesville. (The Charlottesville Photography Initiative 300 West Main Street Charlottesville, VA)
Will King and I will be the instructors.
The workshop will be on Saturday July 23rd and will start at 10AM and end at 6PM with an hour lunch between 1PM-2PM.
We will start the workshop with a presentation on lighting. It will cover:
- Lighting Principles: soft, hard, diffused, focused and how to achieve each
- Lighting equipment choices
- Various lighting modifiers
- How to set a mood with your lights
- How to sculp and create depth with lights
- How to direct and communicate with models….. and a lot more!
The class will be limited to 40 students. Models will be available to pose for everyone. There will be about 5 hours of actual hands-on shooting with studio lighting equipment. 4-5 lighting stations will be setup so everyone will have an opportunity to shoot and learn. Models will be present to pose for the students. The only equipment you will need to bring is a camera, lens, and a memory card. All other lighting, support, and remote triggering gear will be provided by Will King Photography and Ron Dressel Photography.
The registration fee for the workshop is only $180 if you register before June 20th and $200 if you register after June 20th.